GP3 Installation (en)
|- in Deutsch||- in English|
The Gemini Plugin is installed in an CVS image in only 2 steps.
- Step 1: Manual installation of the Gemini Wizard. The Wizard is already included in our own iCVS images - so you may skip this step.
- Step 2: Execution of the GeminiWizard and installation of the Gemini Plugin
Original CVS Images from http://dreamboxupdate.com/ <-- OE1.6 or our iCVS image available via Database
No pre-installed soft-cams.
Other Plugins which provide a QuickButton functionality must NOT be installed.
A working Internet connection. The wizard downloads all dependencies from the Internet.
The following '"Kernel versions must be'" present in the used image.
- 7025 -> 2.6.12
- 500hd -> 2.6.18
- 800hd -> 2.6.18
- 800se -> 2.6.18
- 8000 -> 2.6.18
Installation of GeminiWizard
With iCVS images you may skip the following steps (1-5) as the Gemini Wizard is already preinstalled.
IMPORTANT: Make sure your image of choice is clean and does NOT include preinstalled Softcams!
1. Download image and installation:
As mentioned before, we recommend to use DMM experimental or our in-house iCVS - images.
The installation takes place as usual either via web browser or DreamUP.
Find attached in more detail:
2. Download Gemini Wizard:
you can download the Gemini Wizard here: Download des Gemini3 Wizard (g3wizard)
3. Copy Gemini Wizard on the Box:
We recommend to copy it to "/".
4. install Gemini Wizard with:
Menu -> Settings -> Software -> local Extensions... -> InternalFlash -> Install -> green
5. Gui restart (this item is only available in expert mode - in case of advanced mode you have to restart the Dreambox)
As an alternative, you may do steps 2,3 and 4 in one single step by using Telnet and running the following command:
opkg install http://download.blue-panel.com/gemini3/g3_wizard
Installation of GeminiPlugin
From here the process is the same for all images.
Blue -> Gemini3Wizard -> Install-GeminiPlugin
There are 2 options
- Installation with all Gemini Plugins (you cannot remove unnecessary ones later)
- Installation without Gemini Plugins (Manual postinstallation through Blue-Panel Addon server is possible)
Your Dreambox will restart automatically when installation has finished.
Gemini should be installed now.
Camds can be installed via blue-> Addons-> GeminiCamds.
Rest should be selfexplicatory or maybe not. :)
Here you'll find another HowTo explained in more detail, especially for beginners: Gemini Plugin installation for Dummys
EmbedVideo fehlt ein anzugebender Parameter.
|This Video shows you how to install GP3 in iCVS Image.|