Dreambox OS (en)
|- in Deutsch||- in English|
The operating system of the actual dreamboxes is known as Dreambox OS. There are 2 components which are required to have a dreambox with Dreambox OS:
Dreambox OS is used for following dreamboxes:
- Dreambox One
- DM 7080 HD
- DM 920
- DM 900
- DM 820 HD
- DM 525
- DM 520
This evolution of the system introduced new packages, the old ones are no longer compatible. The package management system was changed to APT and as a consequence the plugins, skins, ... need to be adapted.
- May 2016, the well known experimental image was converted into a stable image (running GStreamer 0.1). Thereupon an unstable image was born with a giant leap to GStreamer version > 1.x.
- July 12nd, 2016 the old SD skin has been replaced by a new HD-Skin.
- October 31st, 2016, new OE 2.5 available.
- November 08, 2016 DM 900 Image released.
- December 21st, 2016 GP3.3 for OE 2.5 released.
- September 21st, 2018 GP4 for OE 2.5 released.
- May 10, 2019 Dreambox One Image released.