OE 2.2 (en)
Zur Navigation springen Zur Suche springen
Extract of the
|- in Deutsch||- in English|
OE 2.2 (OE: OpenEmbedded) is successor of OE2.0. With the launch of the DM 7080 HD this branch was created. The following Dreamboxes are supported:
- DM 500 HD
- DM 500 HD V2
- DM 520
- DM 525
- DM 800 HD SE
- DM 800 HD SE V2
- DM 820 HD
- DM 7020 HD
- DM 7020 HD V2
- DM 7080 HD
- DM 8000 HD PVR
|At this moment the OE 2.2 can only be used on the DM 7080 HD / DM 820 HD / DM 520. All other dreambox models are not supported by DMM. If you have a lot of experience, you might be able to get a self-build image running on other models.|
OE changes compared to version OE 2.0
Extract of the
- Added support for DM520, DM525, DM820 and DM7080.
- If a recipe changes, the corresponding packages will be rebuilt automatically, in contrast to required manual PR bumps in the past.
- Each machine uses its own tmp directory again, like before 2.0. However, there is a shared sstate-cache, which allows to share already compiled data between compatible machines. This impacts performance and size of the build system, but improves reliability and consistency across builds.
- Support for machines without FPU and kernel versions below 3.x was dropped (DM800).
- Layers under meta-bsp were combined into meta-dreambox.
- Package Manager changed to APT. Default package format switched from ipk (opkg) to deb (dpkg + apt).
- dreambox-image was renamed to include the package format(dreambox-image-deb).
- Init System changed to systemd.
In the future the corresponding Gemini Plugin will be:
- Gemini Plugin 3.3 (short GP3.3) for dreamboxes with Dreambox OS